Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Entry 71

Published On: May 15, 2013  
Description: Another Burned Tape.  


Notes
  1. The video is six minutes and 11 seconds long
  2. Starts out with title card
  3. Text reads: “I’ve gotten another one of the tapes we found to work.”
  4. Video starts out in a house. The camera is on the ground and is pointing towards a doorway. On the upper left side is a pile of tapes.
  5. Footsteps are then heard
  6. Someone bends down and puts the tapes in a box, then puts them in the closet
  7. Person picks the camera up, and walks down the hall. The camera is pointed down
  8. Video cuts to an outside shot. The camera is pointed towards a pair of windows. It is nighttime
  9. Video cuts to Alex at the windows, looking in
  10. Video cuts to Alex inside the same house? Something is plugged into a wall outlet and is resting on the windowsill
  11. Alex puts the camera on the same windowsill and looks at the viewer window thing until Jay starts knocking on the door. Alex goes and answers the door.
  12. They talk about Alex moving out. His roommate has left and he can’t afford the rent
  13. They go off screen to pack some more stuff.
  14. Text pops up saying, “About 35 minutes pass with the camera still recording”.
  15. Video cuts to the same house. Alex and Jay walks in talking about Marble Hornets. They are arguing. Jay mentions that he will take the tapes, and Alex says “Fine”
  16. They go off-screen, talking.
  17. Random video distortion.
    • A person seems to appear in the distortion for a brief second.
  1. Some more distortion happens, showing one or two different people.
  2. After distorting some more, the video cuts to the same house. Alex is walking to the door.
  3. He opens the door for Jay and holds it open as Jay walks out with some tapes.
  4. Jay thanks for the tapes
  5. Alex says he doesn’t want to talk about the video he was shooting again. He seems… angry?
  6. Alex goes off screen for a few seconds, then goes to pick up the camera. There is slight audio distortion.
  7. He walks into the other room and tapes Jay looking at the tapes at his car. Alex goes to another door and goes outside to Jay.
  8. He attacks Jay and there is video distortion
  9. Video cuts to hm attacking Jay. There is a lot more distortion.
  10. Video cuts to Jay on the ground. Alex backs up and turns around. While he does this, there is a lot of static/audio distortion
  11. It is hard to tell where he is going
  12. Video cuts to him driving.
  13. Video cuts to more text
  14. Text reads: “This was when I originally got Alex’s tapes from him, which was almost 7 years ago.”
  15. “But it’s not right. It isn’t what I remember happening at all.”
  16. “Alex never attacked me. He gave me his tapes, I left, and that was it.”
  17. “If I don’t remember this correctly, what else could be wrong”
  18. “What else has Alex caused me to forget?”  



My Thoughts
I’m also thinking that Alex has been a proxy of the Slenderman since he started filming his student film. When he attacked Jay, there was a lot of distortion and static noise. The Slenderman linked to distortion and static noise. With as much the distortion and static noise that there was, Slenderman had to be somewhere nearby. This could also explain why Jay didn’t remember being attacked. Perhaps the sheer proximity of the Slenderman caused his memory to become corrupted.

That could be why Alex burned the tapes. Perhaps Slenderman wanted to cover his tracks. Maybe some of the other tapes that could be saved has something really important on them.

I’ve included some of the distortion that I could get a screencap of. Some of them I couldn’t because they happened too fast for me to pause and get a screencap of. I really think that Jay is in trouble. Alex is very dangerous, and I’m not entirely sure that Masky is much safer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment